The motto at Portchester Community Association is 'Where volunteers make it happen'. Volunteers are a huge asset to us and are integral to our success and our ability to provide facilities, services and events to our wonderful community. Volunteering is a two-way street, we all benefit! Here are some examples of how volunteering can benefit you..
Benefits of volunteering:
- Increase your social skills
- Build confidence
- Provide a sense of purpose
- The act of helping others can combat help stress and anxiety
- Can help practice important skills used in the workplace e.g teamwork, communication and time management
- A great way to give back to your local community
You can volunteer in a variety of different ways. We hold annual events such as the Gala and Christmas Lights switch on which we always need help with. As well as our regular, weekly volunteer positions within the bookshop and our groups.
If you are interested in volunteering, please pop into the Hub for a volunteer form or you can download one below.
Please be as detailed as possible on your form so we can align your interests appropriately with the volunteering opportunities we have available. Alternatively, you are welcome to pop in for a chat so we can discuss how you can get the most out of volunteering with us.
We look forward to hearing from you!